- Proposal for an EU directive on credit servicers, credit purchasers and the recovery of collateral
- What are the Proposals?
- What are they not?
- What is the framework for the purchase of credits?
- What is the authorisation and supervision of credit servicers?
- What is AECE?
- How do the Proposals link in with other EU initiatives?
- How does this affect the UK?
- How does this affect Germany?
- How does this affect Italy?
- How does this affect Spain?
- How does this affect Greece?
Restructuring & Insolvency analysis: Richard Tett, David Trott and Katharina Crinson of Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP consider the proposal for an EU directive on credit servicers, credit purchasers and the recovery of collateral. The proposal forms part of the EU’s Capital Markets Union and the Banking Unions’ focus to reduce the number of non-performing loans (NPLs). This focus has now gained some real momentum with the publication by the European Commission of a comprehensive package of both binding and non-binding measures.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial