- Proportionality and second succession claims to property (Holley v London Borough of Hillingdon)
- Original news
- What was the background to this case?
- What issues were before the Court of Appeal?
- What did the court decide?
- What should housing lawyers take from this case?
Local Government analysis: How will the courts approach a social housing landlord’s discretion to allocate accommodation on second successions under Part 6 of the Housing Act 1996 (HA 1996)? Toby Vanhegan and Riccardo Calzavara of Arden Chambers, say that in a proportionality assessment under article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR), a long period of residence is of little consequence.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial