- Procedure, costs and the representation of children in HRA 1998 claims (Luton Borough Council v PW)
- Original news
- What are the practical implications of this case?
- Representation of the children
- What issues did this case raise?
- What are the implications for practitioners? What will they need to be mindful of when advising in this area? Any best practice tips?
- Are there still any grey areas or unresolved issues practitioners will need to watch out for? If so, how can they avoid any possible pitfalls?
Family analysis: A recent case outlines the proper procedure to be followed, including how children are to be represented and the award of costs, where Human Rights Act 1998 (HRA 1988) claims are brought in connection with family proceedings. Maud Davis at TV Edwards reports on the decision in Luton Borough Council v PW and others
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial