- Procedural exclusivity, limitation and expert evidence in human rights challenges (PP v Home Office and another)
- Original news
- What is the background to this case?
- What were the key preliminary issues?
- What did the court decide in each case and what happens next?
- What guidance does the decision provide?
- What are the key take-away points for practitioners?
Public Law analysis: A failure to investigate whether a domestic worker from Sri Lanka was a victim of human trafficking by the Home Office was subject to a court ruling in PP v Home Office. Joanna Thomson, of Deighton Pierce Glynn Solicitors, outlines the case and says the judgment provides clarity on a number of issues including limitations and the admissibility of expert evidence.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial