- Procedural error in determining TVG application without public inquiry
- Original news
- What is the background to this case?
- What were the grounds for judicial review?
- How did the court determine the grounds for judicial review?
- To what extent does the judgment clarify the law in this area? What are the implications for local authorities in determining TVG applications?
- What can practitioners and developers take from the case?
- How would you sum up the practical significance of this judgment?
Planning analysis: The court’s ruling in Somerford Parish Council v Cheshire East Borough Council emphasises the importance of giving parties involved in village green applications an adequate and real opportunity to make submissions, says Paul Wilmshurst, of 9 Stone Buildings.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial