- Prisons and Courts Bill—measures relating to prisons
- Original news
- What are the key measures relating to prisons proposed in the Bill?
- What problems with the existing law/system are these measures seeking to address?
- To what extent do you think the new measures are practical and capable of being effectively implemented and enforced?
- In your opinion do the provisions contained in the Bill go far enough, or does more need to be done?
- What are the implications for practitioners and those advising in this area? What steps should they be taking in preparation and how should they be advising clients?
Corporate Crime analysis: According to Dean Kingham, head of prison law, public law and crime at Swain & Co Solicitors, the government has missed an opportunity to use the Prisons and Courts Bill for wholesale change to prisoners and prisons.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial