- President Trump and the future of the Paris Agreement
- What environmental issues will Donald Trump prioritise in the early days of his Presidency and what is likely to be the impact of these?
- What would the US's withdrawal mean for the Paris Agreement in general? Could it have a domino effect?
- How realistic is this withdrawal and is it likely to face congressional opposition?
- Could the UK, buoyed by its commitment to pursue a hard Brexit, follow suit?
- Could a UK/US trade deal prove harmful to the environment, ie if it results in fewer restrictions and regulations being placed on UK/US products and services?
Environment analysis: What are the implications of Trump’s presidency for climate change? Sebastien Korwin, a senior legal and policy advisor at Climate Law and Policy, warns that President Trump’s declared intention to withdraw from the Paris Agreement only reinforces the fear that the US will be more of a hindrance than a help in the fight against climate change.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial