- Preserving a bankrupt’s rights of privilege (Avonwick Holdings Ltd v Shlosberg)
- Original news
- What was the background to the case?
- What was the basis of Arnold J’s decision?
- What were the issues before the Court of Appeal?
- What did the Court of Appeal decide, and why?
- To what extent is the judgment helpful in clarifying the law in this area?
- What are the practical lessons that those advising can take away from the case?
Restructuring & Insolvency analysis: Does legal professional privilege attaching to information and documents of a bankrupt devolve to his trustee in bankruptcy? James Mather, barrister at Serle Court, examines the Court of Appeal’s answer to this question in Avonwick Holdings v Shlosberg.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial