- PPI claims survive completion of IVA for creditors (Green v Wright)
- Original news
- What is the background to this case?
- What were the legal issues that the Court of Appeal had to decide?
- What were the main legal arguments put forward?
- What did the Court of Appeal decide and why?
- To what extent is this judgment helpful in clarifying the law in this area?
- What practical lessons can those advising in this area take away from the case?
- Case details
Restructuring & Insolvency analysis: The Court of Appeal has determined issues surrounding the completion of individual voluntary arrangements (IVAs) and the impact of such completion on the recovery of the proceeds of a debtor’s payment protection insurance mis-selling claim which was unrecovered (and unknown) prior to the completion. Paul French of Paul.French.Insolvency, who acted for the IVA supervisor, reviews the Court of Appeal’s decision.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial