- Potential implications of Brexit on pension sharing after an overseas divorce
- What options are currently available as to pension sharing on divorce where there is an international element?
- What are the potential implications of Brexit in relation to pension sharing after overseas divorces?
- Are there any particular concerns in the event of ‘no-deal’?
- What steps should practitioners and their clients be taking to protect their position?
Family analysis: Michael Allum and Stuart Clark, partners at The International Family Law Group LLP, highlight that obtaining effective pension sharing orders which will be recognised and implemented by pension providers in England and Wales after an overseas divorce is already a very complex and difficult area, and will become even more so in the event of a no-deal Brexit.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial