- Political canvassing and the ICO
- Original news
- What does this fine tell us about the ICO’s approach to political campaigning in the run up to the mayoral elections and EU referendum?
- What are the key guiding principles offered by the ICO?
- How should political groups arrange their campaigns so as not to fall foul of the ICO?
- What are the risks of bulk messaging/email/telephone campaigning (especially for politicians)?
IP & IT analysis: Following the recent fine given to David Lammy MP for making nuisance calls in his mayoral campaign, Stephen Groom, senior consultant at Osborne Clarke, considers the lessons to be learned in the context of political canvassing.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial