- Policing and Crime Act 2017—reforms to the police bail regime
- Original news
- What are the most significant changes brought about by PCA 2017 in relation to police bail? And why are these changes significant?
- What are the objectives behind the changes? How likely is it that the measures will achieve these objectives?
- What does all this mean in practice for lawyers and their clients? Are there any steps they should be taking in preparation?
- How does this fit in with other developments in this area of law? Do you have any predictions for future developments or trends?
Corporate Crime analysis: What will the Policing and Crime Act 2017 (PCA 2017) mean in practice? Nicholas Dent, an associate in the criminal litigation department at Kingsley Napley, says the new legislative regime relating to pre-charge bail is likely to create a new level of bureaucracy for inspectors, superintendents and the investigating officers, as well as further work for magistrates’ courts.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial