- Police tasering and the reasonable use of force (McCarthy v Merseyside Police)
- Original news
- What at the practical implications of this case?
- What issues did this case raise?
- To what extent is the judgment helpful in clarifying the law in this area?
- What are the implications for practitioners?
Personal Injury analysis: In a violent incident was the force used by a police constable reasonable in all the circumstances? Nick Peel, partner in the police team at Weightmans LLP who represented the appellant, discusses the issues raised in McCarthy v Merseyside Police.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial