- Playing hardball with the definition of a 'professional sportsperson'
- What does the Home Office generally say about the activities of a professional sportsperson?
- What is the definition of a 'professional sportsperson' and do you see any issues with this definition in practice?
- What are some common examples which would fall foul of this definition? Eg can an international student play for his university team?
- What are the repercussions of undertaking activities of a professional sportsperson?
- How can migrants protect themselves from breaching this condition?
Immigration analysis: Nick Gore, associate at Carter Thomas Solicitors, examines the various pitfalls surrounding the immigration status of a professional sportsperson.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial