- Planning for the right homes in the right places
- Original news
- What was the background to the Consultation?
- How effective is the proposed standard methodology likely to be for developers and local authorities in making the process simpler and reducing uncertainty?
- Will introduction of the standard methodology fix the 'broken’ housing market?
- Could introduction of the standard methodology help speed up the time taken to prepare local plans?
- Will use of the standard methodology give local communities greater control of development in their area?
- Will local methods of assessing housing need still be regarded as sound?
- What will be the main impacts on developers?
- What will be the main impacts on local planning authorities?
Planning analysis: The government has launched a consultation entitled; Planning for the right homes in the right places’ (the consultation) seeking views on changes to the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) to help local planning authorities and communities deliver the homes required for a growing population. Ian Fletcher, director of policy (real estate) at the British Property Federation answers some questions in respect of the consultation and its potential impact on developers, local authorities as well as current and future homeowners.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial