- Pinpointing the de facto director
- Original news
- Briefly, what were the facts of this case?
- What were the main legal arguments used by both parties and what was the decision of Registrar Derrett?
- To what extent is the judgment helpful in clarifying the law regarding de facto directors?
- What practical lessons can those advising take away from this case?
Restructuring & Insolvency analysis: What are the difficulties when identifying the de facto director after a company has gone into liquidation? Gemma Witherington, barrister at Hardwicke, explores the issues faced by Registrar Derrett when trying to determine the de facto director of the Sports Management Group Ltd and highlights the lessons that can be learnt from the judgment.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial