- Piloting encrypted media extensions as a potential new web standard
- What has the W3C been working on?
- What is the background to EME?
- What are the pros and cons of the proposed standard?
- What is the latest development and what will happen next?
TMT analysis: Ted Shapiro, partner, and Sunniva Hansson, associate, both at Wiggin, explain that the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) has been working on a web standard, called encrypted media extension (EME), that will enable browsers to communicate seamlessly with external content protection systems.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial