- Piercing the corporate veil
- Original News
- What is the factual and procedural background to this appeal?
- On what basis were confiscation orders made against the respondents?
- What arguments were advanced for and against extending the pecuniary advantage acquired by the company to the convicted directors?
- How will this case inform the law in this area going forward?
Corporate Crime analysis: Andrew Bird, barrister at 5 St Andrew’s Hill, explores the idea of ‘piercing the corporate veil’ in confiscation proceedings in the appeal of R v Powell and the necessary conditions for rendering the defendants liable for a confiscation order relating to the benefit derived by the company.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial