- TPR’s consultation on draft enforcement policies and the interaction of its powers—have the clouds now parted?
- What is the background to the consultation?
- What is being proposed and why? What are the key aspects?
- Overlapping powers policy
- Monetary penalty powers policy
- Information gathering powers policy
- What are the implications for pension schemes and what happens next?
Pensions analysis: Following the introduction of the Pension Schemes Act 2021 (PSA 2021), questions have arisen regarding how the Pensions Regulator (TPR) will use its powers to bring criminal proceedings and issue fines for certain acts where there is more than one option available. Rhiannon Barnsley, associate at Arc Pensions Law, examines TPR’s latest consultation on its proposed new draft policies regarding how it intends to use its enforcement powers in practice.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial