- Pensions, redundancy and age discrimination—a fair cop?
- Original news
- What was the background to the case?
- What did the Court of Appeal decide and why?
- What are the implications of the judgment? Could the case go further?
- What are the similarities and differences between this case and the ones involving the judges and firefighters?
- Could the Court of Appeal’s decision have implications for any other public sector pension schemes?
Pensions analysis: Can pension rights be used to push employees into retirement? Rosalind Connor, partner at Arc Pensions Law, looks at the issues in Harrod v Chief Constable of West Midlands Police and the implications for pensions, age discrimination and the public sector.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial