- Patent royalties and licensee obligations
- Original news
- What was the background to the decision?
- What was the Advocate General’s (AG) Opinion on the power of the national court to refer a question to the court for a preliminary ruling?
- What was the AG’s Opinion on the scope of the review of international arbitral awards in the light of EU public policy rules?
- What did the Court of Justice decide?
- How might this judgment affect international arbitration generally?
Arbitration analysis: In the recent case of Genentech Inc v Hoechst GmbH and another, the Court of Justice ruled on a non-exclusive licence agreement and the obligation to pay royalties. Elizabeth Oger-Gross, partner, and Anaïs Harlé, associate, at White & Case in Paris, discuss some of the issues that arose from the judgment.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial