- Overseas pension transfers—is the end in sight for the advice requirement?
- What is the background to the Department for Work and Pensions consultation paper ‘The advice requirement and overseas pension transfers’?
- Why are the detailed proposals for change set out in the consultation?
- How would the proposed changes impact on scheme members, trustees, advisers and providers?
- Are there any potential implications for members and advisers on an overseas pension transfer?
Pensions analysis: The government is consulting on the requirement to receive independent financial advice in relation to overseas pension transfers. Jane Wolstenholme, partner at Charles Russell Speechlys, looks at the options on the table, and ponders what might happen if the transfer were removed.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial