- On the money—assessing applications for default judgment (Merito Financial Services v Yelloly)
- Original news
- What were the facts of the case?
- What was the court’s approach to the law in this area?
- What were the court’s conclusions in relation to each of the categories of claim?
- What practical points can lawyers take from this judgment?
Dispute Resolution analysis: Teniola Onabanjo, barrister at 3 Verulam Buildings, suggests that Merito v Yolloly makes it clear that it is possible to obtain judgment in default for a specified amount of money in cases other than a claim for a debt.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial