- Ofgem supplier licensing review—changes to the market entry requirements for new suppliers
- Original news
- What is the supplier licensing review and its background?
- What are the key points / principles of the government’s decisions? Are there any surprises?
- What is the key information that market entrants will be required to provide in the future?
- When and how are the new arrangements to come into place?
- What are the key takeaways for market participants?
Restructuring & Insolvency analysis: Although few experts disagree with the proposition that the UK energy market has been problematically dominated by a half dozen companies known as the ‘Big Six’, the transition towards a more competitive and open structure has not been without its hurdles. Simone Goligorsky, senior associate and Prajakt Samant, partner, both at Reed Smith, give the overview and their thoughts on Ofgem’s supplier licensing review, and how it intends to shore-up the market against under-resourced new entrants.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial