- Northern Ireland court extends eligibilty for widowed parent’s allowance
- Original news
- What are the central issues in this case?
- What did the court decide?
- How are bereavement payments and widowed parent's allowance structured in Northern Ireland?
- How might this affect the law?
- Could this decision be challenged?
- What are the practical implications of this decision in the UK?
Family analysis: Laura Banks, a solicitor for Citizens Advice Northern Ireland, says a recent decision of the High Court in Belfast could have a profound effect on bereaved families throughout the UK.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial