- No duty to consider alleviation of existing flooding beyond development site
- Original news
- What was the main issue for the court to decide?
- What is the policy background to the case?
- What was the factual background to the case?
- Why did the court dismiss the appeal?
- What is the significance of the decision for authorities and developers?
Planning analysis: In Menston Action Group v City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council, the Court of Appeal held that the local authority’s approval of a surface water drainage scheme required under a planning condition was not unlawful. A planning condition could not require the submitted scheme to achieve some improvement in the drainage of other land next to the site or nearby.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial