- NHS digital and cyber risks—progress update
- What are some of the recent developments with regards to NHS digital development since the announcement of the long-term plan? Are the plans on track?
- What role does digital technology currently have for the NHS and what are future ambitions for its role? Are these ambitions feasible?
- Cyber security companies have warned that a certain type of anaesthetic machine used in NHS hospitals could be hacked and controllable from afar if accessible on a hospital computer network—why is this concerning and what can manufacturers do to protect against these attacks? Are the relevant safeguards in place and is the NHS prepared in its cybersecurity plans?
- Have any lessons been learnt from the Connecting for Health project (superseded by NHS Digital) and WannaCry? What steps should the government be taking in terms of NHS digital projects?
- What is the future of the NHS move towards digital? Will it be welcome and what other developments should we be keeping an eye out for?
Local Government analysis: Laura Williamson, assistant solicitor and Laurence Vick, consultant, both at Enable Law consider the steps the NHS have been taking towards digital transformation, along with some of the hurdles faced.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial