- New regulations on valuing pensions for advice purposes and consumer protections
- Original news
- What measures has the DWP decided to introduce?
- Simplification of the valuation process for the purposes of the appropriate independent advice requirement
- Introduction of tailored risk warnings for members with safeguarded-flexible benefits
- What changes were made to these measures as a result of the consultation?
- What is the impact of these new measures?
Pensions analysis: On 6 July 2017, the DWP published its response to the consultation on valuing pensions for the purposes of the appropriate independent advice requirement and introducing new consumer protections. In this response, the government agreed to proceed with the approach proposed in September 2016, subject to some minor changes. This has led to the finalisation of two pieces of regulations designed to implement the changes decided on. These changes will come into effect on 6 April 2018.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial