- New guidance for adopted children and children coming to the UK for adoption
- Original news
- Who does the guidance cover?
- How does the guidance break down the various routes to enter the UK if applying on the basis of adoption?
- Other than the Immigration Rules, are there other things that a decision maker has to take into consideration?
- What is missing from the guidance?
- Is this useful guidance for practitioners?
Immigration analysis: The Home Office published on 23 July 2020, new guidance entitled ‘Adopted Children and Children coming to the UK for Adoption’. For seven years practitioners have been without information about how the Home Office is applying the Immigration Rules in this area, as this is when the last guidance was withdrawn. Alison Hunter, partner at Wesley Gryk Solicitors, discusses the new guidance and its application.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial