- New GMC guidance for doctors carrying out cosmetic surgery
- Original news
- What has driven the GMC to issue these new standards?
- How do these new standards re-shape the ethical framework around cosmetic surgery?
- What are the key legal risks associated with surgical and non-surgical cosmetic surgeries?
- How might these new standards affect the regulation of the sector?
- What are the possible sanctions firms and doctors could face if found to breach these standards?
Personal Injury analysis: The General Medical Council (GMC) recently issued new guidance for doctors carrying out cosmetic procedures in the UK. Lola Skuse, solicitor at Michelmores, and Laurence Vick, partner and head of medical negligence at the firm, explain this development.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial