- New empty shop units—potential for new opportunities?
- What is the concern over the current state of town centres?
- What issues arise for landlords and tenants from the decline of the high street?
- Are there any trends which can be observed which have arisen from the decline of the traditional high street? For example, are retailers trying to diversify their offering, are we seeing more pop-up shops?
- How does planning policy seek to protect the high street? Are planning protections deemed sufficient to halt the decline?
- What opportunities present themselves for landlords or tenants?
Planning analysis: Alison Bembenek, associate director at Lichfields, comments on the future of shopping centres as the retail sector undergoes fundamental changes. She advocates for planning policy to support diversification by being more flexible and based on a better understanding of local circumstances and underlying trends.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial