- New discrete act of infringement comes from ITV v TVCatchup case
- Original news
- What is the underlying law behind the decision?
- What is the significance of this judgment?
- What does this mean for TV channels and website operators?
- How will this impact on ongoing litigation in the UK?
- If found to be in breach of copyright laws, what potential sanctions could streaming sites face?
- How is the regulation of online copyright developing?
IP & IT analysis: Have recent rulings by the Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) laid the foundations of a new, internet-adapted European legal order in copyright? Tony Ballard, partner and broadcasting lawyer at Harbottle & Lewis, examines what the ITV v TVCatchup decision means for online copyright.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial