- New discount rate for PI claims—modest step in the right direction
- Original news
- What are the impacts of the new discount rate on future loss claims?
- What has been the reaction from the claimant/defendant side to the rate?
- What are the practical implications for practitioners over the coming months of the rate change?
- Do you have any predictions for the future in this area?
Personal Injury analysis: From 5 August 2019 the discount rate for personal injury claims is minus 0.25%. Dave Cottam, partner at national law firm Weightmans, comments on the practical implications of the new regime.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial