- New bankruptcy applications regime to come into force
- What are the main changes to be brought in by the new bankruptcy applications regime?
- What secondary legislation has been passed?
- Broadly, how will the new bankruptcy applications regime operate?
- Transitional and saving provisions
Restructuring & Insolvency analysis: The Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Act 2013 (ERRA 2013) received Royal Assent on 25 April 2013 and ERRA 2013, s 71 introduced a new bankruptcy applications regime to replace debtors’ bankruptcy petitions. On 22 February 2016, three statutory instruments were published providing for the coming into force of the new regime on 6 April 2016. Stephen Leslie, solicitor in the Lexis®PSL Restructuring & Insolvency team, summarises the new regime.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial