- Net Zero—will the UK lead the way in combatting climate change?
- Original News
- What is the background leading up to this report?
- What is the significance of the recognition of the need for urgent action?
- What are the key recommendations made in the report?
- What has the government said in response to publication of the report?
- Do you have any thoughts on what the government's formal written response might contain?
- What are the next steps and likely timescales?
Environment analysis: The Committee for Climate Change’s (CCC) report into the UK’s contribution to stopping global warming comes at a time when climate change is high on the agenda. But, while the government’s commissioning of the report is to be lauded, it remains to be seen whether its response will be enough to ensure the UK retains its position as a world leader in the climate arena, as Simon Tilling, partner in Burges Salmon’s environment law team, explains.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial