- Negligent valuations and lenders losses (Barclays Bank v Christie Owen & Davies)
- Original news
- What was the background to the case?
- What issues were before the court?
- What did the court decide?
- What was decided about the manner of valuing the properties?
- How had the claimant contributed to the loss by its own negligence?
- What should lenders note from this case?
Banking & Finance analysis: The liability of a property valuer for a lender’s losses resulting from a negligent valuation is examined by barrister Nicola Rushton, of Hailsham Chambers, in the light of Barclays Bank v Christie Owen & Davies.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial