- Music streaming—changes ahead for distribution of mechanical royalties
- Can you offer a brief summary of this lawsuit?
- What are the legal implications for Spotify? What does the lawsuit mean for the future of streaming music?
- What impact will the lawsuit have on the proposed Music Modernisation Act?
- Will the lawsuit have an impact on contracts between rights holders and sharing or streaming platforms? To what extent?
IP analysis: Tahir Basheer, partner, and William Smith, associate, at Sheridans, explore Wixen’s $1.6bn lawsuit against Spotify in the US and suggest the threat of a deluge of lawsuits could be another way in which publishers seek to strengthen their bargaining power against the likes of Spotify and Apple Music.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial