- Model contract clauses and international data transfers
- What are adequacy decisions?
- What adequacy decisions has the Commission issued?
- Why did the Court of Justice decide that the Safe Harbor adequacy decision was invalid?
- Why has this resulted in the Commission amending its adequacy decisions?
- Do these changes address all the issues raised by the Court of Justice in the Schrems decision?
- What impact will this have on the Court of Justice’s review of the model contract clauses?
- What do the changes mean in practice?
- So what should businesses do now?
IP & IT analysis: On 16 December 2016, the EU Commission amended its adequacy decisions on model contract clauses and ‘whitelisting’ countries. Vikki Hoyle, senior associate at Walker Morris, considers these amendments and assesses their implications for international data transfers.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial