- Mediation on the rise in Singapore
- Has there been an increase in the use of mediation since the centre opened?
- Has there been take-up of the arb-med-arb model clause? If so, has this worked in practice?
- What has been the impact of the opening of the Singapore International Mediation Institute (SIMI)?
- What will be the impact of the new Mediation Act which came into force on the 1 November 2017?
Dispute Resolution analysis: The past year has seen a 50% increase in case filings at the Singapore International Mediation Centre (SIMC). Roger Milburn, counsel at Berwin Leighton Paisner in Singapore, considers the reasons behind this dramatic rise in popularity of mediation as a form of dispute resolution, both at the SIMC and across Singapore as a whole.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial