- Mars chocolate recall—the legal issues explained
- What’s going on with the Mars recall?
- Has Mars used the RASFF notification system to alert authorities within Europe? What are the advantages/disadvantages of doing so/not doing so?
- What are the food safety obligations for a food manufacturer selling products in the UK?
- Are there additional food safety obligations if the product is manufactured in the UK?
- Are there any cross-border issues? Could these be affected if the UK leaves the EU?
- Which authorities in the UK will be monitoring/investigating this recall?
- What sanctions do they have? How could Mars be affected by the new food safety sentencing guideline?
- Which persons in the supply chain are potentially liable in a product/food safety recall such as this?
- Do you have any predictions for the future of food safety law?
Commercial analysis: Mars recently ordered a recall of chocolate products in 55 countries after a piece of plastic was discovered in a Snickers bar. Dominic Watkins, partner and head of the food group at DWF, explains the legal issues involved.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial