- Maintenance payments as a gateway to independence (Mills v Mills)
- Original news
- What was the background to this case?
- What were the key issues at appeal?
- What did the Court of Appeal decide, and why?
- What are the potential ramifications of this?
- How does the judgment fit in with developments or trends in this area of law?
Family analysis: How did the Court of Appeal approach a cross-application for an upward variation of a joint lives maintenance order taking into account financial decisions made by a divorcing spouse over a 15-year period? Frank Feehan QC, barrister at 1 King’s Bench Walk and Katherine Dunseath, barrister at 3 Paper Buildings, discuss the Court of Appeal’s judgment in Mills v Mills, which highlights the financial ties afforded by joint lives maintenance payments.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial