- Loop-the-loop—has Pendragon helped define what amounts to abusive VAT structuring?
- Original news
- What is the background to this case?
- What was the ultimate result of this loop?
- What were the arguments and how was the principle in Halifax plc v Customs and Excise Commissioners: C-255/02  STC 919applied?
- On what basis was the Court of Appeal able to overrule the decision of the Upper Tribunal and what did it decide?
- Should taxpayers now be concerned about HMRC challenges when they have followed VAT structuring advice from tax advisors?
Tax analysis: In what circumstances might the taxpayer succeed in offshore loop VAT cases? Suzanne McMahon, VAT specialist at Pinsent Masons, says the Court of Appeal in Pendragon has handed down a ‘definitive decision’ that will be welcomed across the industry.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial