- Looking at the numbers—the impact of Employment Tribunal fees
- ‘Tribunal fees cause 73% reduction in unfair dismissal claims’—what is the background to this statement?
- What is the source of this study?
- What are the key findings from the study?
- How has the impact of fees and early conciliation impacted upon the advice given by lawyers to employers and employees?
- Has the introduction of tribunal fees created a better balance in the employer-employee power dynamic—or has it made things worse?
- What is the difference in the requirement to pay fees north and south of the border?
- Are fees likely to be abolished in England and Wales as well?
Employment analysis: Recent analysis of Employment Tribunal figures by the Trades Union Congress (TUC) indicated a 73% reduction in unfair dismissal claims lodged since the introduction of fees. David Walker, employment law partner at Morton Fraser, considers the background to this figure and the broader picture.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial