- Limited scope of legitimate expectation in planning challenges
- Original news
- What was the background to the case?
- Why did the court dismiss the challenge?
- What were the common and uncommon issues dealt with in this case?
- What lessons can be learned for other claimants in challenging planning decisions?
- Are there any detectable trends emerging in this area?
Planning analysis: Stuart Andrews, partner and national head of planning and infrastructure consenting at Eversheds, explains the implications of the Court of Appeal’s decision in Gerber v Wiltshire Council, where it was considered disproportionate to quash a planning permission on the basis that substantial investment had already made in reliance upon it.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial