- Lifting a stay under Cross-Border Insolvency Regs (Ronelp Marine v STX Offshore & Shipbuilding)
- Original news
- What are the key takeaways?
- How did the issue arise?
- What were the main legal arguments?
- Did Norris J decide to lift the stay imposed under the CBIR 2006?
- What are the practical implications for creditors seeking to lift a stay under the CBIR 2006?
Restructuring & Insolvency: Barristers Stephen Atherton QC and Charlotte Tan of 20 Essex Street review Ronelp Marine Ltd and other companies v STX Offshore & Shipbuilding Co Ltd—in which the High Court considers whether, and the circumstances where, it should lift a stay made under the Cross-Border Insolvency Regulations to allow litigation proceedings to be continued in England by a creditor with an unsecured monetary claim.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial