- Life expectancy and public policy
- Original news
- What were the report’s main findings in relation to public services?
- What is the ‘dependency ratio’ and what are its implications for an ageing population and the provision of health and social care services?
- How can rising cost pressures and falling living standards be managed alongside a commitment to support the ageing population?
- What role should the state play in maximising living standards?
- Were there any other interesting trends/developments picked up in this report which are worth mentioning?
Local Government analysis: The UK population is ageing rapidly, creating challenges for individuals and government. Jonquil Lowe, senior lecturer in economics and personal finance at the Open University, examines a new report from the Resolution Foundation that focuses on the demographic and behavioural factors behind population ageing and its implications for individuals and public policy.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial