- Licence fees and the cost of authorisation procedures
- Original news
- What were the key features of the case?
- What are the main difficulties that local authorities face in relation to the licensing of sex establishments?
- How should local authorities approach the fixing of a licence fee?
- How does this judgment further our understanding of the cost of enforcing the licensing operation?
- What should lawyers take from this case?
Local Government analysis: Philip Kolvin QC, head of licensing at Cornerstone Barristers and counsel for the respondents in Hemming, advises that the case is an object lesson in how local authorities should take a co-operative stance with potential public law claimants from the outset
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial