- Liberty protection safeguards—a summary of the consultation
- What is a deprivation of liberty?
- Triggering the LPS process
- Authorising the DoL by the relevant Responsible Body
- Special arrangements for care homes
- Reviewing the measures
- Overlap with DoLS
- When will the LPS be implemented?
Local Government analysis: The government has recently published the consultation on the draft MCA code, including the liberty protection safeguards. In this briefing, the first of a series, Andrew Parsons, Julia Appleton, Marianne Frall and Rhys Barton of RadcliffesLeBrasseur LLP comment on the proposed code and consider what is a Deprivation of Liberty (DoL), how the Liberty Protection Safeguards (LPS) process will be triggered, authorisation of the DoL by the relevant Responsible Body, special arrangements for care homes, review and renewal of measures, overlap with the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) and when the LPS will be implemented.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial