- LGBT rights in review—transgender identities and the law
- What are the key issues surrounding transgender issues and the law?
- Are there particular legal obstacles to legislating for trans persons?
- Have ministers been receptive to legislative changes to accommodate some of these issues?
- Is there an international dimension to legislation and awareness of the issue?
- What is the relevance of controversy surrounding non-gender assigned bathrooms in the US?
- How can lawyers respond to the situation and prepare for increasing attention being given to the subject?
Public Law analysis: What are the main legal issues affecting transgender persons? To mark LGBT history month, Allan Briddock, barrister at 1 Pump Court and a founding member of the Trans Equality Legal Initiative takes a look at key legislation, the beginnings of Parliamentary discussion and controversy surrounding non-gender assigned bathrooms.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial