- Lexis®PSL Pensions monthly highlights—January 2017
- In this issue:
- Pensions in 2017
- Pension schemes, transfers and IHT (Revenue and Customs Commissioners v Parry and others)
- Draft Finance Bill 2017—pensions
- Headlines (News updates & analysis)
- Pension Liberation and unauthorised payments (Danvers v Revenue and Customs Commissioners)
- Rescuing the scheme—Covpress and the PPF
- Finance Bill 2017—aligning the taxation of foreign pensions to UK pensions
- Regulator fines master trusts for failing to provide a chair's statement
- 21st Century Trusteeship and Governance—TPR's Discussion Paper response
- Secured UURBS did not need shareholder approval to be valid (Granada Group v Law Debenture Pension Trust Corporation)
- Discrimination, same sex marriage and survivors' benefits (Parris v Trinity College Dublin)
- Bulk DC transfers without member consent—all change?
- Pension scam consultation—do the proposals go far enough?
- TPR secures settlement with Coats over pension schemes—how did the case unfold?
- Pension Schemes Bill 2016-17—what are the key provisions?
- Challenging a determination notice (Hill v The Pensions Regulator)
- Relevant updates from other practice areas
- Case trackers
- Legislation tracker
- New and updated on Lexis®PSL Pensions
- New Practice Notes
- Updated Practice Notes
- Dates for your diary
- Useful information
Welcome to the January 2017 highlights from the Lexis®PSL Pensions team, which provides a review of key news stories from the last month and their practical implications, as well as a round-up of updated content in Lexis®PSL Pensions, updates to our case, legislation and consultation trackers, dates for your diary, and links to the Pensions Ombudsman Determinations published in January 2017.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial